Austin Poetry Society (founded 1949)
Beaumont Poetry Society
President Dorothy Clover,
email@example.com We meet every 1st Thursday of the month at the Art Studio Inc. at 6:00 P.M. in Beaumont. We read our poems and discuss them extensively, critique on request and offer advice about publication and the sale of merchandise.
We submit a poem on a given topic for blind critique and review it together. BPS also participates in community activities to promote poetry.
Denton Poets’ Assembly
President Richard Kushmaul
9612 Sandlewood Dr.
Denton, TX 76207
We meet from 10 AM to noon on the third Saturday year round at the Emily Fowler Branch Library, 502 Oakland St, Denton.
- Meetings open with a spotlight reading of a member; a brief lesson on a contemporary poet and a sharing of our original poems inspired by that author’s work; we also read an original “free topic” poem. We participate annually in Merging Visions with members of the Visual Arts Society of Texas; that exhibit in public area venues pairs our poems and VAST members’ art.
Fort Worth Poetry Society (founded 1910)
fortworthpoetrysociety.com and Facebook
President Steve Sanders firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings are the forth Tuesday of the month, year-round, at 6:30 to 8:00, in Benbrook Public Library at 1065 Mercedes St, Benbrook.
Also, the Hybrid Zoom meetings will continue.
- We are a workshop group; members submit a poem for blind critique. FtWPS also participates in community activities to promote poetry.
Greater Ellis County Poetry Society Chapter (New Chapter)
President: Ed L. Mestyanek
Refel Rushing has founded the Greater Ellis County Poetry Society and is looking for active members who want to help make it grow into a successful and productive network of poetry enthusiasts.(Waxahachie)
Hi-Plains Chapter Poetry Society of Texas
President Frances Ferris, email@example.com
Regular meetings are 3rd Saturday of February, April, June & July, 2-4 P.M. Kingswood United Methodist Church, 4801 South Austin Street, Amarillo. October luncheon meeting, venue TBA. 4th Saturday. December meeting: 1st Saturday, 2:00 to 4:00.
- We are a workshop group; members submit one or more poems for critique. Chapter members openly promote poetry in various towns of our members: Amarillo, Canyon, Happy, Pampa, and Wayside with outreach throughout the Panhandle.
Mockingbird Poetry Society (founded 1970) https://mockingbirdpoetry.org.
President Beth Ayers, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We meet the first Saturday of the month, year-round, from 1:30 to 3:30 at the Carriage House, 205 West Hunt Street, in downtown McKinney.
- At meetings we share our poetry and organize our activities: public readings in senior homes; open mic events; and library displays. We sponsor the Annual Collin County Poetry Contests for students, adults, and members. We also publish anthologies of winning poems.
Permian Basin Poetry Society, Inc.
President Daniel C. Ramos
7333 Gaston Ave.
Fort Worth, TX 76116
Meetings are first Saturdays from 2:00 to 4:00 at Midland County Centennial Library, 2503 West Loop 250 North, Midland, in conjunction with West Texas Writers.
- We host open mic readings on the second Thursday at 8:00 at Brew Street, 4610 North Garfield, Midland; publish a members anthology; plan quarterly poetry slams; present readings with the visual art show at Sibley Nature Center, 2019 Sibley. In September, 2019, we will participate in 100,000 Poets & Others, 100tpc.org, a worldwide project bringing the art community together; its world conference is planned for Salerno, Italy, in 2020.
Poetry of Johnson County
President Patricia Ferguson, email@example.com
Meetings are held on-line at the Facebook group, Poetry of Johnson County, the first Wednesday of the month, September through June, at 7 p.m.
- Most of our members are poets who for one reason or another can’t attend regular meetings. (jobs, children) with a generous sprinkling of people who are active in other groups who help keep us updated. We have a website and both Facebook group and a page. Activities include readings, special guests, and poetry prompts.
http://www.poetsnw.com and Facebook
President Mary Creviere Turner firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings are third Saturday year round from 10:00 to noon at Windwood Presbyterian Church, Room 126, 10555 Spring Cypress Road, Houston.
- We discuss members’ poems and invite speakers to present on various topics. We publish a biannual anthology.
Rusk County Poetry Society (celebrating 50 years in 2021)
President Mary Tindall, email@example.com
We meet every third Thursday, September through May, at 2:00 in the multipurpose room at the South Main Church of Christ, 402 South Main, Henderson.
- Meetings guidelines include lesson, spotlight poet, business and refreshments. Much attention is given to the growth of writers as poems are critiqued monthly by esteemed poets from PST and other states as well. Peer critiques are encouraged. There are no meetings in June and July. There is a special day for the Celebration of Poetry, including prizes, open mic, lunch, and guest speaker. This day includes Rose Garden Poets. Officers meet at a lunch session to preparation and discussion prior to each meeting.
firstname.lastname@example.org. and Facebook
President, Antonia Murguia
We meet at 2:00 the first Saturday of every month from September through May. Meetings are in the Garden Room at the Incarnate Word Retirement Center at 4707 Broadway, San Antonio.
• Our website lists contest topics, judges, and workshops, as well as members’ poems. Our meetings typically include workshops and expert speakers.
Tyler Rose Garden Poetry Society (since 1999)
President Lynn Horton, email@example.com
Meetings are second Thursday each month at 2:00 at the Hanks Center, 118 Railroad Avenue, Whitehouse.
- Meetings include reading original poems written by members; studying poetry forms new to the poets; and preparing contests entries. Reading and writing poetry is the focus of the chapter. We participate in community projects (including hanging members’ haiku on a tree in the library yard); sponsor contests; and join with the Rusk County Poetry Society in Fall Poetry events.
Wichita Falls Poetry Society
President Dr. J. Robert Parkey firstname.lastname@example.org
WFPS meets on the third Saturday in September through May (with a holiday luncheon in December) typically from 2:00 to 4:00 in the Texas Room at the Kemp Center for the Arts at 1300 Lamar Street, Wichita Falls.
- Our monthly programs cover a variety of topics such as types and forms of poetry; we read our own poems from the previous month’s members’ contest. WFPS participates in community festivals and summer workshops.